The third week of the photo challenge began with excitement.
15. Sunset – seems simple enough but when first I saw the colours in the sky I scrambled to find the best vantage point to take the picture. In the yard the view was blocked by neighbouring buildings so I ran up to the second floor but the windows faced the wrong direction. My husband suggested that I stand on the shed roof — I hesitated briefly but decided that I didn’t care what the neighbours thought. I almost ran out of time because it took me so long to climb onto the roof but I managed to get a picture just before the sun disappeared;
16. Flower — there are some plants beginning to grow in the garden but no flowers yet — I chose a fake one indoors;
17. Something You Don’t Like – I could go on a rant about why I don’t like umbrellas but after taking this picture I think maybe they look pretty cool even if they are annoying;
18. Hair — dog hair is everywhere I look;
19. Orange – a touch of rust on the shelf outside
20. Something You Drew – I used to draw a lot – pastels or colored pencils were my favorite drawing tools. Now I just do the odd sketch but some of my old pictures are hanging in the hall;
21. Bottle – our neighbour gave me this one. It is very big and I have no idea what to use it for but I like it anyway;
That’s all for this week. Nine more days remaining — nine more photos and the tax forms that I keep putting off.